Tolmie Mechanics Institute Hall
Cnr Old Tolmie Road and Mahaikah Road, Tolmie
The Hall/Mechanics Institute is located amongst the eucalypt parklands at the Tolmie Recreation Reserve and plays an integral part in our thriving community.
Regularly used by the community for meetings, luncheons and other gatherings, it also provides a home for the weekly Unfinished Objects Group, monthly community Casserole Nights.
The hall provides seating capacity for up to 100 (at sit-down functions), excellent kitchen amenities including 2 electric ovens, large gas cooktop, dishwasher, microwave & fridges, sunny verandah, disabled access & facilities, heating & cooling. It is extremely popular as a venue for wedding receptions, birthday and anniversary celebrations, dances, luncheons and is conveniently located between the quaint Uniting and Catholic Churches makes it the perfect wedding package.
A Brief History
The Tolmie hall was first built in 1920 and was opened with a dance on July 2nd 1920. Admission was five shillings for gentlemen, while ladies were free. The hall included a kitchen with an open fireplace and a ladies cloakroom.
A supper room was added in 1951 and a new toilet block added in 1982. Further improvements occurred in 1985 and then a major renovation adding the verandah and deck, cladding the toilet block and introducing larger windows in the supper room was completed in August 2008.
Available for hire:
$250 for all day function, other prices on application.
Discounts apply for Tolmie residents.
Download the hall brochure here (690kb pdf)
For further information about the hall, hire rates and
availability contact the booking officer:
Booking Officer, Linda Terry
Ph: 03 5776 2113